Brand Spotlight: Friends + Family

 


Usually when I go thrift shopping, I see a lot of brands that I've never heard of before. I usually think nothing of it, until I found this beautiful shirt from Friends + Family.

I had never heard of this brand before and it certainly doesn't look like a shirt that would be sitting in a thrift store. This shirt was so intriguing to me, not just because of the design, but because of the lack of information on this shirt. There was no tag describing the material, nothing about the brand anywhere on the shirt. All it had was this adorable message under the size:

As someone who believes in recycling clothes instead of throwing them away, I loved this message they put on their clothes. It made me so much more interested in the brand itself to see if sustainability was as important as it seemed.

So, I started my deep dive into learning about Friends + Family. Looking on social media again didn't give much information. They don't have a huge following, but they've had celebrities like J Balvin wear their clothes. 


Their content is heavily focused on being kind to one another, but does that mean they're kind to the environment too?

I then headed over to their website to see if I could learn more there. Unfortunately, there wasn't much to be found there either. No company information section or sustainability message could be found. Their prices are pretty high so I figured they used quality materials, right? Acrylic, cotton, and polyester are the materials I saw the most on their website. I was super bummed out by this because they seemed like they wanted extend the life cycle of clothes.

Understandably, they are a smaller company so they probably don't have the ability to be fully sustainable or start sustainability initiatives, but it was sad to me to find nothing on their site.

Overall, I think this is a brand to watch as they grow their following. Even though they aren't directly making moves to save the environment, they are clear about their interest in being kind to everyone and helping others out, and that shouldn't be discounted. 


Comments

Popular Posts