Introductions

Welcome to my blog!

My name is Jami and I'm a student at University of the Pacific. 

I am a lover of all things fashion. I believe that fashion gives people confidence and power. What we put on our bodies can seriously determine our mindset for the day, provide self expression, or act as an art form. There is nothing less permanent than your style and how you dress day to day. What's not to love about that?

Like many other women in 2022, it can be hard to enjoy something like the fashion industry when sustainability is such a major issue. How can we be sustainable in our purchases when the fashion industry tells us not to be? We see hundreds of shopping hauls and ads on social media enticing us to buy everything we see, and it can be hard to step away from the screen. We use shopping as a serotonin boost and develop some nasty shopping habits. We try to be sustainable and go to thrift stores, but end up buying insane amounts of clothes because it's cheap. There's a way to navigate through this, but a lot don't know how.

That's what I want to focus on in this blog--how women can recognize the conditioning the fashion industry has done to us to consume any and everything, how we can be more sustainable in our consumption choices (especially on a budget), how we can support women through sustainability, and more. Sustainability has become so much more than just paper straws and recycling, and with the effect fashion has on women's lives paired with the unsustainability of the fashion industry, this is something we have to talk about. And I want to talk about it all. 

I'm so excited to go on this journey and (hopefully!) help some people along the way. I hope you'll come on it with me!

Comments

Popular Posts